Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review : EOS Sweet Mint Lip Balm (Evolution of Smooth)




Many of you may be familiar with Evolution of Smooths colorful little lip balms.  These little lip balms are 100% natural and 95% organic, along with being paraben-free, phthalates-free, petrolatum-free, and gluten-free. 



The Sweet Mint is HANDS DOWN the best chap stick for dry or sunburned lips.  Regular chapstick just wasn’t working out too well. It wasn’t helping. It would moisturize and coat the dryness, but I needed something that would actually TAKE the dryness away and help it instead of just masking it!


 This totally did it. This is medicated, so it does help. You can feel the mint in it, and feel a tingle sensation for a second.. ohh, it felt SO awesome! It isn’t a tingle that burns or anything.. just feels cool and you can tell it’s rejuvenating the dry skin. It smells so refreshing and invigorating! It tastes awesome too.

It leaves the lips so healthy and smooth! I couldn’t even wear lipstick before I got this because you could tell my lips were too dry and it was showing through the lipstick. Now you can’t tell and I CAN wear lipstick! 



Packaging

Depending on where you buy this, the packaging may differ slightly. I’ve seen it in both packaging options. I think it may also come in combo packs. The one that I bought was the one in the shrink wrap wrapper.

It had the company logo, stated that it’s 100% natural and 95% organic, stated the flavor and ingredients, and had the UPC code, along with a couple other things. This wrapper easily peels off.


You get 25oz (7g) of lip balm in it. Twist the two halves apart, and you’ll find a dome of the sweet mint lip balm inside. One side of the egg-like balm capsule is flat, and so is the bottom. You’ll find the EOS logo embossed on the top and bottom of the capsule. So, no matter if you have it laying on the side or straight up, the logo will always show.
One thing to note is that this lip balm does not have an expiration date printed or embossed on it. The medicated tangerine and SPF lemon drop flavors that I have from EOS actually have the expiration date embossed on the bottom. I’m not sure why they didn’t do that for this one. However, I bought this when they first started appearing in the stores. So, maybe they all have expiration dates embossed on them? I hope so. An expiration date is rather important.

As for the shape, it’s fine for throwing into your purse or bag, but it might not be as easy to fit in your pants pocket. And, even if you do manage to get it in your pants pocket, chances are that it’s going to look rather odd. However, I am loving the sphere (egg shape) of these lip balms. They never get lost inside my purse, so I don’t have to spend countless minutes searching and searching like I would if it were a stick lip balm. It’s also easier to hold and has a screw on top! 

The texture of these EOS Lip Balms are very high quality. They are very smooth whole not waxy or goopy and they are soft on the lips. The sphere shape of these Lip Balms make it SO much easier to get the entire lip area! 


Ingredients

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Limonene**, Linalool**.
*Organic.
**Component of Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth.



Smell / Taste

If you’ve ever crushed a fresh mint leaf, it’s about the same as that. Well, maybe it’s a little bit stronger than that. It’s not overpowering, though.
The taste is pretty much what I was expecting: sweet, tingly, and very minty. What’s interesting to me, though, is that the tingling lasts for about 30 minutes, as long as I don’t eat, drink, or try to lick it off. 


Texture / Consistency

The opinion of how this feels really differs. I think it feels smooth and light, and leaves a thin coating without being sticky.


Application

The application of this balm has been pretty easy. The dome shape makes it possible to just do both of my lips in one swipe. Plus, there’s no dealing with the balm going back into the container like the some tube balms that have a dial. That really annoys me…
Of course, this is going to get a little tricky when the balm starts to wear even with the top of the half that it’s in. At that point, you’re probably just going to have to use it like a pot balm and stick your finger in it, which isn’t really my thing, unless my hands have been freshly washed.


Longevity

Naturally, the longevity depends on how much I eat/drink/talk/lick my lips during the day. I usually just reapply after eating. For the most part, it lasts for a pretty long time.


Opinion

This is a great balm. The smell and taste are true - which is a big plus in my book – and it’s tingly and lasts for quite a while. Plus, it goes on smoothly and feels light. That being said, opinions may certainly vary. To give you a little better idea of what you’re getting, it’s fairly similar to one of the mint balms from Burt’s Bees, only sweeter and a little easier to apply. I didn’t really find Burt’s to glide on my lips as well as the EOS balm does.
Anyway, they have lots more flavors besides this, and they keep coming out with new ones. I’d really like to try their Alice in Wonderland set someday. Maybe you’ll see a review of it in the near future. We’ll see!









xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment