Sunday, July 5, 2015

Product Review | Journey Towards A Whiter Skin ft. Kojie San Soap




Before I go on, first I would like to state that this post is not sponsored, I am in no way affiliated with any of the product mentioned on this blog,  or any of it’s partners, nor a seller or distributor. I am just consumer who has experienced first hand the effects of this product.




Every person has their own special brand of beauty  and that’s a good thing! Without our differences, the world would be a pretty boring place. Not surprisingly, when considering all the diversity out there, skincare is no exception. You can take endless advice from friends and family or magazines giving you the latest scoop on your icon’s style secrets, but ultimately your beauty needs will be as unique as your own skin.
When in search for the best skin whitening product, how do you find and fall in love with the one that’s right just for you? I'm here to share to all of you my journey towards a whiter skin.


Most of us Filipinos, specially girls, pearlescent and translucent white skin has commonly been regarded as a precondition for beauty. Current perceptions of beauty in Asia are perhaps an extension of the beliefs already deeply embedded in history and culture. In fact, there is a traditional Chinese saying that ‘one white covers up three ugliness’. What this means is that if a woman has other physical flaws, these are ignored if she has white skin. 

I have been desperately trying to find the perfect whitening product. I always wanted to have a lighter skin tone, not because I don't like my skin color, but of course I also want to experience on how it feels to have a lighter skin. Don't want to believe in me, here's how I look before.


Photo taken: 2010 and 2011

I've tried  I think almost all of the whitening products before. I tried UNO Glutathione Capsules, whitening lotions, whitening cream, Dalfour as well and many more. 
Though UNO Glutathione Capsule  worked for me quite well for 3 months, however I was not able to maintain it because it's a bit pricey. So I looked for a cheaper alternative that promises an effective whitening or lightening result. There I went to a Pharmacy, there were lots of Kojic Acid soap available back then. They come in generic or branded in neat packaging. So not to compromise the quality, I bought the branded one which is carried by Kojie San.

After using the product for weeks, I was so surprised not only it whitens the skin but it  also fades discolorations and hyper-pigmentation of the skin such as age spots or skin pigmentation that may occur from exposure to the sun and or during pregnancy. And in just 2-3 weeks you will really see a noticeable result.
Picture Taken: 2012 - 2015

Of all the whitening products I have tried, only Kojie San delivered the result that I wanted. I would recommend this product for people who wants to achieve a lighter skin tone. I have been using Kojic Soap for 6 years now and it really made a difference on my skin complexion. 

Fast forward 2015, oh my!! dude, my skin is definitely lighter than ever!





I absolutely love their formulation before. It was potent and smelled really nice, like an orange juice in a bar soap. But they changed their formula since then. The color and smell has changed, like an artificial orange smell. Probably because it became a hype and they had to save for raw materials to produce more soap.
Before, whenever I use the soap and leave it on my body for 5 minutes, dead skin cells were very visible when I rub my hands on my skin. Sometimes it still does that but not as effective as before. Nevertheless, this soap still prevents my skin from darkening when exposed under the sun.
Moving forward, let’s go to my favorite part of the soap review — the PROS and CONS.



PROS:

  • Regular use will really lighten your skin, does its job for hyper-pigmentation
  • Inexpensive
  • Firming or tightening effect
  • Cleans effectively, helps remove dead skin cells

CONS:

  • Over dryness of the skin
  • May cause skin irritation or sun damage
  • Some stinging sensation after use
  • May cause skin breakouts
  • Melts fast**

REMEMBER:

  • Do not rub off the dead skin brought about by micropeeling.
  • Do not forget to moisturize, use lotion regularly
  • If it stings badly, rinse it off immediately.

Thanks so much for reading, I hope you find this informative and interesting. If you have tried this. Try this and post your look in my Facebook page Stay Gorgeous Ladies! Till next time! 








No comments:

Post a Comment